Sunday, May 14, 2017

Nusa Lembongan•day 2

Today I got up and had a pretty lazy morning. I was diving in the afternoon so I didn't want to do anything too exhausting beforehand. I laid around in the hammock, read and had a really nice breakfast. I ordered the avocado toast which was so yummy! 
 
The woman at the front desk, Andrea, heard I was from Thailand and wanted to introduce me to the owner's sister, Julia, who was here on holiday as well. She told me that Julia also lived in Thailand, north of Bangkok. When people say that tho they normally mean Chiang Mai area. So I went over to meet Julia and it turns out she has been living in Lopburi for 7 years! Lopburi is literally the town right next to mine! What a small world! 
I was going out on the 1:00 boat so around 12:30 I headed over to get all of my dive equipment sorted out. There were only 3 of us going out on the afternoon boat which was nice.
The boat that we went out on was so much smaller than the boats I've been on in Koh Tao and Koh Chang. Bobby, the dive master was so great! 
Since we were on a small boat we did a drop in to enter the water. You sit on the edge of the boat with your back to the water and you just lean backwards and plop into the water. The first dive site was SD. It was a drift dive which I hadn't done before. It was really neat how you just let the current take you around the reefs. During this dive we saw 2 turtles (hawksbill and green)!!! I hadn't seen turtles yet so I was really excited! There were so many fish I hadn't seen before and the coral was beautiful too! The second dive was at Sentral. We saw 2 more turtles on this dive and really neat fish! The whole day was great!! 
When I got back to Secret Garden I just hung out at the pool and read a bit. Around 7 I headed out to get dinner with a new friend Rebecca, from Sweden, who was also staying there solo. We went to a  Warung (local restaurant) near by and had a really nice, inexpensive meal. We were both pretty exhausted from our day so we went back and called it a night pretty early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment