Sunday, May 14, 2017

Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan•day 3

Today I decided to wake up and rent a motorbike to explore the island and the other island close by, Nusa Ceningan. 
The bungalow I was staying at helped me arrange the motorbike rental. I rented the bike for 80,000 rupiah ($6) for the day. I had a map of the island but its a pretty straight forward path. I went up and around through the mangroves which was really nice and quiet. 
 
It was really nice just being by myself and driving around at my leisure, stopping as I pleased. I drove around the island until I reached the Yellow Suspension Bridge. This is the bridge that you cross to go to Nusa Ceningan. Within the last 6 months, the yellow bridge collapsed causing quite a few fatalities. The bridge has just recently been reconstructed. 
 
This island is a little quieter than Nusa Lembongan and has so many amazing viewpoints. I drove around with no purpose or specific destination in mind. I turned down every little road or pathway I could. I wanted to see all that the island had to offer. One of the first places I came across was down this super windy steep pathway. I didn't realize it until I got to the bottom but I had driven into an Amazing resort called the Trevally. 
 
The view here was like something I've never seen before. The colors of the ocean, sky and surrounding landscape were stunning. 
I continued around the island until I came across signs for the Blue Lagoon. As I was pulling up to the signs I was not expecting what I saw. You park your bike on this dirt area and walk up to the ledge. As you walk up to the ledge you are definitely caught off guard by the view! It was so great! 
 
The blues of the water, the power of the waves and the calm in the air. I could have sat there all day.
Right around the corner from the Blue Lagoon is a cliff jumping spot. There is a little local restaurant on the corner and they have two spots where you can jump from. 
 
The highest jump is about 14 meters and the smaller jump is about 6-8 meters. When I walked into the restaurant it was still early and there was no one there. 
 
I didn't want to jump without seeing someone else do it but right as I was leaving a couple from England walked in. They walked in talking about jumping so I turned around and hung out for a bit. The place ended up getting pretty busy and a ton of people were jumping! Everyone jumped from the higher jump. 
 
After cliff jumping I was starving and decided to find somewhere to eat lunch. I came across a restaurant called, Le Pirate. 
 
It was right on the water and had a beautiful view! I sat at the bar and ordered lunch and then relaxed around the pool for a bit, soaking in the sun! 
 
I finished driving around the rest of the island and then crossed back over the suspension bridge to Nusa Lembongan. I drove around the rest of the island stopping at all the different beaches along the way. 
 
I made it back to the bungalows around dinner time. My day was really nice and I really enjoyed spending the day driving around exploring the islands! 

No comments:

Post a Comment