Friday, March 3, 2017

✌🏼Let the adventures begin! ✈️

I knew it had been a while since my last post but I definitely didn't realize it had been 2 1/2 years!! My last post was from my trip to Australia during my October break in 2014! 

I have been thinking about blogging about my adventures a lot recently and have decided I'll try to get back into it! 

I couldn't be more excited for the next couple of months!!! It's almost our summer break here!!! We officially finish school on March 10th but the last day with our kids was yesterday, the 3rd! I have an incredible group of students and I'm excited to say I'll be teaching them again next year in P3 (3rd grade)! This will be my third year with them!! We had a little end of the year party yesterday that the parents put together at school! :) 

 

 
 
I was also invited to the P4 end of the year party last night at the Park Inn Hotel. The P4 (4th grade) students were my FIRST students I had when I started teaching here!! It's so crazy to see them now...about to start FIFTH grade!! They've grown up so much and are an amazing group of students! Sitting on the stage last night looking at all of them made me super emotional and really proud of each and everyone of them! It also makes me heart so happy that the parents still include me in things because I was their teacher for their first 2 years!! 
 
 
 
This is my good friend Nick who has been their teacher for 3rd and 4th grade! 

Okay! So back to the travels! School ends on the 10th but my roomie/Favorite travel buddy are leaving Thailand super late on Tuesday the 7th!! I can't believe it is Right around the corner!!! 

First stop...INDIA! 

I never really thought that India would be a place I would travel to...not for any specific reason it just never really was a place that I thought I'd visit...BUT I couldn't be more excited about the 12 days that we are going to spend there! And as we started planning we realized we wish we had so much more time to explore! There is so much we want to see and do while there but I think we figured out the best route for the time we have there! 

The main reason we wanted to go to India was to celebrate the Holi Festival! 
 
Holi, also know as the "festival of colors", is a Hindu spring festival in India and Nepal. The festival signifies the victory of good over evil and the start of spring. It's also a festive day to meet others, forget and forgive, and repair broken relationships. 

We have been reading about it and looking at pictures/watching videos but I don't think we have any idea of what to really expect for this festival! We couldn't be more excited and I can't wait to give you all a first hand account of what it's really like!! 

We are making a couple different stops in India but I'll make you wait to see where/what else we are doing while there!! 

Can't wait to share my journey over the next two months with y'all! 

•LD•




No comments:

Post a Comment