Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Cat Ba Island•day 6

We had to meet downstairs this morning at 7:50 for our tour so we headed down around 7:15 for breakfast. It was decent but nothing special. We took a 15 minute bus over to the boat. There were probably 20 of us going out on the boat. The boat was nice but the weather was still bad. It was so cold...64 degrees and super windy!! 
 
We were out on the water for about 1 1/2 hours before we stopped at the first spot. The first stop was kayaking. It was so beautiful! So many caves and bays to check out. Gabby and I were together and Lindsay took one for the team and went with another girl from Denmark. She was really sweet! We kayaked for a little over an hour. I didn't bring my phone with me so I don't have any pictures but it was really nice! We had lunch on the boat while we were still at this spot. None of us really ate much at our table. The food was a little iffy and didn't real appeal to us so we just got beers instead! ☺️ 
 
 
Our next stop was for swimming and snorkeling. I wore my swimsuit but as soon as we got on the boat I knew that I would not be getting in the water. It was just too cold and I didn't want to be miserable! The water wasn't THAT cold but the air was cold enough that I wasn't down for it! Lindsay jumped in a couple of times but Gabby and I just sat up top watching! 😁 
The last stop we made was to Monkey Beach. 
 
We had about an hour here. There was a view point that you could go up to if you wanted. The guide said it was a little hike but really it was rock climbing! 
 
Not hard for us but some people were caught off guard when they started and realized you are essentially climbing your way up to the top. It was an awesome view tho! 
 
 
We came back down and had a beer while we waited to board the boat. We headed back to Cat Ba and got there right around 5. We decided on grabbing dinner at Green Mango again because it was really good and didn't want to chance another crappy meal (there wasn't much around to choose from). We were all super happy with our meals and enjoyed some happy hour wine! 

Because we are old ladies, we went back to the room and were passed out by 9:00! 😂 

No comments:

Post a Comment