Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Darjeeling•day 12

Today was our last full day in India! Pretty crazy how fast the time has flown by but we've had a great time! 

I will say tho that when we woke up this morning I was wishing that we were leaving today. I am so tired of being COLD! It was fine for a few days, and when we were trekking it wasn't too bad because we were exerting so much energy that I stayed warm pretty easily! But waking up today I was freezing and thinking about how excited I am to get back to the hot weather of Thailand!! ☀️

We took our time getting up and ready this morning because we had absolutely no plans and nothing really to do! Darjeeling is a pretty small town so we've seen all there is to see in the short time we've been here. 
We walked down to Glenery's for breakfast and wifi. We took our time eating and decided that we'd kill a few hours of our day by going to see a movie. 
After breakfast we walked around town for another hour or so before heading over to the theater. We were going to see Beauty and the Beast at 12:40! I am typically not a movie watcher..especially not one to pay to see a movie. I'm just not good at sitting still and tend to fall asleep if I do end up watching a movie but we had nothing else to do so I was totally down! 
The movie ended up being so good!! I was so happy I went to see it! So randomly about 1/2 way through the movie it just stopped and it was time for an intermission...we had no idea this was a thing so we were a bit confused as to why the movie just stopped at the most random spot but luckily someone told us about the intermission. So we took advantage and grabbed some cheesy popcorn! 
After the movie we walked around for about another hour before finding a little coffee shop to stop in. We had a cup of coffee and hung out for a good couple of hours...talking, relaxing and people watching. After a few hours we decided it was time to eat again. That's all we've done! Eat, walk, eat, walk! We are a little burnt out in Indian food so we settled on a classic...SUBWAY! It definitely hit the spot! We walked back to the homestay and played a couple of rounds of cards with Passang before calling it a night! 

Tomorrow will be busy but pretty uneventful! Just a day full of travels! ✈️✌🏼

No comments:

Post a Comment