Monday, March 24, 2014

P1 Field Trip to Farm Chokchai

I got to experience my first Thai Field Trip with my little ones! 
(back in January...yes, I know...I'm super behind!) :)

I was shocked at how much we did during a one day field trip! In the states it would be such a process to get everything ok'd, organized and set up to go to one place... We left our school by 8:30...arrived back to school by 4:45 and made 5 different stops with our little munchkins! :) 


The first (and main stop) of our trip was the Farm Chokchai. 
This is a huge dairy farm with all kinds of fun events and activities! 


The first thing we saw when we got to the farm was where they milk the cows! 
The kids thought this was so cool! 



All of the speaking was done in Thai...So I'm sitting there just smiling and nodding my head...until all the sudden all of my kids start screaming, "Teachaaaa Lauren!! Teachaaaa Lauren!!" Apparently they were asking for a volunteer to milk the cow! :) and they volunteered me!! Soooo, here I am...milking away! 




Stop #2 was for lunch! 
We stopped at a very beautiful temple. 


 


Our next stop was to the Khao Yai Winery! 
Yes...I said winery...with my P1 munchkins!




So the purpose of this stop was literally to just let the kids get some energy out! :) 
They ran...and ran...and ran! :) 


 
Unfortunately there was no wine tasting during this stop of the trip! :) 

The 4th place we stopped at was called The Bloom...
I don't really know much about it but it almost seemed like a big play area for the kids.
They were able to run around...jump on a trampoline...feed goats...play on a swing set...




This is when my kids decided to run/roll down the hill! :) 
It's the little things!
\




The last place we stopped was a place called Dairy Home...it is a shop that sells all kinds of treats made with the milk from the local cows...The milk is extremely fresh and they also sell homemade icecream!! :) Very delicious! 


My kids had a blast and were totally worn out by the time we got back on the bus! 
They slept the whole way home! :) 
Nice and peaceful! :) 

More posts coming soon! 

:) 











No comments:

Post a Comment