Thursday, November 13, 2014

Diminick's in Thailand!

As usual, this post is LONG LONG LONG over due!! It will probably contain a lot of rambling and nonsense but hey, it is what it is! :) 

So my dad and my brother came to visit me in August!! My dad started planning this trip before I even moved out here! :) He was so excited to come visit me and see what all the hype was about!!! 

Well, he LOVED it!! :) ....I think he may move out here! ;) 

They spent a LONG 18 days here and it was amazing! They got right into the swing of things with learning about the Thai culture and language...heck I think they spoke more Thai in 4 days than I did when I first moved out here! Luckily with the timing of their trip I had a 4 day weekend from school so I took an extra couple of days off so I was able to travel around with them a bit (I think 9/10 days total)...

So, I'll just post pictures and throw in some comments here and there... Basically we started the trip in Bangkok when I picked them up from the airport...Went back to Saraburi (my town) and spent a few days there before leaving to go to the islands. We went to KRABI and AO-NANG - which was absolutely beautiful...and then we flew to CHIANG MAI and spent some time there. I LOVED Chiang Mai and am wanting to move there when I finish the school year...we will see how that works out! After Chiang Mai we came back to Saraburi because I unfortunately had to go back to work...and then the boys were on their own!! They had fun and went on a couple of day/over night trips!! 



Overnight train from Bangkok to Krabi! 














That's me ALLLLL the way up at the top in the picture on the right!  




After Krabi and Ao-Nang we flew up north to Chiang Mai!
Chiang Mai is absolutely amazing! 

  




One of my favorite things that we did on our trip was spending a day with elephants!! :) 
We got to feed, wash, and ride them! It was such an amazing, fun experience! 













Got massages from the Chiangmai Women's Correctional Institution
It's a vocational training center for female prisoners


One afternoon we went to check out Doi Suthep - 
it is a BEAUTIFUL temple that is up on top of a mountain. 
You can see ALL of Chiang Mai from here! Absolutely stunning! 





While in Chiang Mai we also took a Thai Cooking Class! :) It was a lot of fun and A LOT of FOOD! We all got to make 5 different courses of Thai food! 
My belly was sooo full and happy by the time we were finished! 



  

I wish I had more details about our trip posted on here but then I'd just feel like I was rambling!! :) I hope you enjoyed the pictures!! 

I have a few more posts to finish and will post soon!! 

Love and miss you all more than you know!!! :) 

-LD
















No comments:

Post a Comment